The Credentials: QualityPro Public Health
About the QualityPro Public Health Service Certification
Public Health service certifications targeting mosquitoes and rodents are now available to QualityPro accredited companies. These certifications recognize companies whose services follow our Standards for Rodent Services and/or Standards for Mosquito Services.
- Preview the process to certify your Mosquito services.
- Preview the process to certify your Rodent services.
Pests that vector disease continue to threaten public health on a global scale. In the United States, alone, disease cases from mosquitoes, ticks and fleas have tripled over the last 13 years, according to a May 2018 report released by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The public needs the pest management industry to be a strong first line of defense against public health pests.
As the public looks to the pest management industry for help, it is crucial that companies are equipped with the resources they need to build science-based, effective and commercially-viable services. QualityPro created a suite of Public Health certifications to help companies do just that, while also ensuring that technicians have the knowledge to perform those services through training and testing.
To oversee the creation of the Public Health service certifications, QualityPro assembled a task force of representatives from the National Pest Management Association, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, American Mosquito Control Association, Entomological Society of America, National Environmental Health Association, a vector control district and five pest control companies. QualityPro thanks these organizations for their commitment to creating an outstanding program.
The Application Process
Pest management companies interested in applying for the QualityPro Public Health certification should follow this simple, five-step process for their mosquito and rodent services (separately).
- Before applying for the QualityPro Public Health certification, a company must first earn QualityPro accreditation and be in good standing. Click here to apply for both credentials.
- Add on a public health credential ($100 application fee) by filling out the form below or by calling 703-352-6762. Only management level employees may use this form. For all others, please direct questions to email@example.com.
- Certify your service(s)
All companies earning or maintaining QualityPro credentials have an account in Certemy. This makes the process completely electronic and allows you to work on the process on your own schedule. Once you apply, the Public Health Rodent/Public Health Mosquito credential(s) will be put in your company's Certemy account. There you will answer questions and submit documentation that allows our assessors to certify your services.
- While the certifying team evaluates your submissions in Certemy, employees who will perform or sell the services to be certified must pass the QualityPro Public Health Core Exam and applicable Specialty Exam at npmatraining.org. The certificates of completion they earn from these national exams are something to be proud.
- After all applicable employees have passed the exams and all Certemy steps are verified, the service(s) will be certified.
- The company will receive a welcome packet and immediate access to the many resources that come with certification.
Companies that earn QualityPro Public Health will remaining on the cutting edge and earn a leg up on competition by instilling a greater confidence in their customers that the technician sent to service their home is well qualified.