Companies become QualityPro accredited after meeting 16 standards for professionalism that exceed mandated state/provincial and federal requirements, such as conducting background checks on all employees and maintaining a drug-free workplace policy. Earned by lessthan 3 percent of companies in the United States, the QualityPro designation demonstrates a commitment to excellence and provides consumers protection and confidence when selecting a nationally accredited company.
To become QualityPro accredited, a company must certify that it:
- Has been in business for at least two years*
- Has job applicants complete an application
- Conducts interviews before hiring
- Checks references
- Conducts criminal background checks when appropriate and permitted under applicable law
- Conducts motor vehicle records checks when appropriate
- Has a drug-free workplace policy
- Meets minimum insurance policy requirements
- Meets QualityPro company service vehicle standards
- Has a standard dress policy
- Has an on-the-job safety policy
- Advertises according to QualityPro standards
- Has a termite warranty/service agreement that meets requirements
- Has a customer communications policy
- Ensures employees are tested and trained to the highest industry standards
- Provides an IPM information sheet to consumers
- Practices proper pesticide handling
- Has ensured that technicians and sales employees pass the QualityPro exam
- Agrees to periodic audits ensuring adherence to QualityPro guidelines
* A company that has not been in business for two years may pay a one-time application fee to gain access to the QualityPro resources
QualityPro Application Process
Follow this simple four-step process to become nationally accredited through QualityPro. Even if your company is not yet meeting the standards, we encourage you to apply. The resources available to companies in the application phase are designed to make accreditation attainable for any size company.
- Complete the application here or call QualityPro to apply over the phone: 703-352-6762.
- Upon receipt of the application and payment, QualityPro will send the applicant an e-mail with immediate access to all the QualityPro resources with the exception of branding. In the mail, the applicant will receive hard copies of resources, the Accreditation Handbook, and an exam study guide. Access to these resources is valued at over $10,000.
- Once the signed affidavit is received, QualityPro staff will review the application to determine eligibility for accreditation. The applicant will be notified of the decision by e-mail. The default application period is 6 months.
- Once accredited, the company will receive a printed certificate, gain access to exclusive marketing collateral and be eligible to earn additional service certifications.
Are you just starting your company? QualityPro resources can help you build on a strong foundation. Any pest control company that has been in business for less than two years can apply and gain access to QualityPro resources at qualityprotools.org. This one-time fee will also serve as the application fee once the two-year anniversary has been reached. Once the company has been in business for two years, accreditation must be earned within six months to continue to access to the resources.
Ready to get accredited?
Apply for QualityPro Accreditation
Have questions? Contact Us